nifi-users mailing list archives

From Matt Burgess <mattyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to perform bulk insert into SQLServer from one machine to another?
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 12:57:41 GMT
Prabhu,

>From [1], the data file "must specify a valid path from the server on
which SQL Server is running. If data_file is a remote file, specify
the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) name. A UNC name has the form
\\Systemname\ShareName\Path\FileName. For example,
\\SystemX\DiskZ\Sales\update.txt".  Can you expose the CSV file via a
network drive/location?  If not, can you place the file on the SQL
Server using NiFi?  For example, if there were an FTP server running
on the SQL Server instance, you could use the PutFTP processor, then
PutSQL after that to issue your BULK INSERT statement.

Regards,
Matt

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/bulk-insert-transact-sql