nifi-users mailing list archives

From James McMahon <jsmcmah...@gmail.com>
Subject Detect whether a flowfile has a particular attribute
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 12:19:05 GMT
Good morning. I receive HTTP POSTs of various types of files. Some have a
particular attribute myAttribute, some do not. I want to route the
flowfiles to different workflow paths depending on the presence of this
attribute. Can I use RouteAttribute and the expression language to do that,
something like this:

hasTheAttributeOfInterest
${anyAttribute("myAttribute":contains('True')}

I ask because the expression guide did not say whether a False is returned
or the processor throws an error if the attribute does not exist in the
flowfile. I may have missed that. I wanted to see if anyone in the group
has experience in this regard?

Thanks in advance for your insights. -Jim