nifi-users mailing list archives

From Wojciech Indyk <wojciechin...@gmail.com>
Subject integration with Zeppelin
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 14:09:02 GMT
Hi All!
I am new here. I find NiFi as a great project for data routing. However,
extendability of NiFi give us a great potential to expand application of
NiFi routing. Recently I looked at Kylo- a software for management of data
lake (based on NiFi and its templates). In this composition of NiFi and
Kylo I feel lack of a component able to do custom data-analytics. I asked
the Kylo community on possible integration of Kylo with Zeppelin here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/kylo-community/e6JdzneAnV0

The Kylo developers advised me to asked about possible integration here. I
haven't found any NiFi processor for Zeppelin, that enables to work on the
input from NiFi and handle the output from Zeppelin. The idea of such
integration comes from functionality I've seen in Dataiku solution. There
is a processor, that is able to run arbitrary code in the middle of
processing by specific input and output variables. Having such opportunity
the data governance in area of collecting data done by NiFi can be extended
on data governance regarding data processing, like training of Machine
Learning models, custom visualizations, etc.

What do you think of this idea? Is any NiFi processor, that supports such
integration? Is it in line with a NiFi roadmap?

--
Kind regards/ Pozdrawiam,
Wojciech Indyk