nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDF NIfi - Does Nifi writes provenance/data on HDP Node ?
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 14:06:48 GMT
Hi Shashi,

This list is more about Apache NiFi and is not really specific to any
vendor distributions.

That being said, whatever node NiFi is running on, it will be using
local disk to store the internal repositories (flow file, content,
provenance).

When communicating with HDFS through the PutHDFS processor, NiFi is
reading data from it's content repository and sending it to the data
nodes of the HDFS cluster, the same as if you installed the HDFS
command line client and wrote a file to HDFS.

-Bryan