nifi-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Georg Heiler <georg.kf.hei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NiFi web interface not starting
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 08:44:53 GMT
Please see the logs below from the commands you suggested

[root@devbox logs]# lsof -i :9090

COMMAND   PID    USER   FD   TYPE  DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME

ssh     11192 vagrant    4u  IPv6  225355      0t0  TCP localhost:websm
(LISTEN)

java    20304    root 1730u  IPv4 2426500      0t0  TCP *:websm (LISTEN)

[root@devbox logs]# ps -aef | grep -i nifi

root     18667 18845  0 11:27 pts/4    00:00:00 grep --color=auto -i nifi

root     20196     1  0 Jun12 pts/4    00:00:00 /bin/sh bin/nifi.sh start

root     20198 20196  0 Jun12 pts/4    00:00:25
/lib/jvm/java-openjdk//bin/java -cp
/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/conf:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/bootstrap/*
-Xms12m -Xmx24m
-Dorg.apache.nifi.bootstrap.config.log.dir=/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/logs
-Dorg.apache.nifi.bootstrap.config.pid.dir=/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/run
-Dorg.apache.nifi.bootstrap.config.file=/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/conf/bootstrap.conf
org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.RunNiFi start

root     20304 20198  1 Jun12 pts/4    00:18:37
/lib/jvm/java-openjdk/bin/java -classpath
/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./conf:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/nifi-properties-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/nifi-nar-utils-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/nifi-runtime-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/nifi-framework-api-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/log4j-over-slf4j-1.7.12.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.12.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/ojdbc6.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/jul-to-slf4j-1.7.12.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/nifi-api-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/logback-classic-1.1.3.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/logback-core-1.1.3.jar
-Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.disablejsr199=true -Xmx512m -Xms512m
-Djava.library.path=/usr/hdp/2.6.0.3-8/hadoop/lib
-Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom
-Dsun.net.http.allowRestrictedHeaders=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
-Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:+UseG1GC
-Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=sun.net.www.protocol
-Dnifi.properties.file.path=/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./conf/nifi.properties
-Dnifi.bootstrap.listen.port=37055 -Dapp=NiFi
-Dorg.apache.nifi.bootstrap.config.log.dir=/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/logs
org.apache.nifi.NiFi

Please find attached the file dump
https://gist.github.com/geoHeil/283a60d03cd6a9853ffecc19209389e6

Regards,
Thx

Georg Heiler <georg.kf.heiler@gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 13. Juni 2017 um
06:55 Uhr:

> Thanks I will try this later at work. Yesterday at a quick glance in
> netstat it looked like the right pid was bound to 9090.
> Andy LoPresto <alopresto@apache.org> schrieb am Di. 13. Juni 2017 um
> 01:53:
>
>> Hi Georg,
>>
>> Can you run a command to see if anything else is listening on those
>> ports? If another process is listening when NiFi tries to start, it should
>> detect that and stop itself, but if something else started listening after
>> or intermittently, it might be causing issues.
>>
>> The command lsof -i :9090 will list every process listening on that
>> port. ps -aef | grep -i nifi will also allow you to see if any other
>> NiFi processes are running (perhaps you are modifying the config value for
>> an instance other than the one you are running?).
>>
>> That curl reply (52) means it was able to connect to the IP & port but no
>> response was sent (and HTTP generates an error if no response bytes are
>> sent).
>>
>> Can you also take a thread dump? It doesn’t seem like an issue that
>> usually requires it, but if we can see where the activity is occurring
>> (maybe there’s an issue receiving the connection, performing some other
>> logic, or generating a response, or maybe no activity in NiFi at all) we
>> might have a better sense of the issue. You can use the command ./bin/nifi.sh
>> dump threaddump.txt
>>
>> Sorry you’re encountering this and hope these steps help.
>>
>> Andy LoPresto
>> alopresto@apache.org
>> *alopresto.apache@gmail.com <alopresto.apache@gmail.com>*
>> PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
>>
>> On Jun 12, 2017, at 11:40 AM, Georg Heiler <georg.kf.heiler@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> to me it looks like NiFi is starting correctly, and only there is no
>> access to the web interface.
>> The curl is run from the same host. No firewall in between.
>>
>> I downloaded and extracted a fresh copy of the latest NiFi (1.3) and
>> extracted it to a different folder. When started there, I could observe the
>> same strange behavior.
>>
>> Indeed, I was trying both i.e. curl localhost:9090 and curl
>> localhost:9090/nifi both did show the same error response.
>> As curl was running on localhost and even when run with curl --noproxy
>> localhost:9090 I don't know what should cause the problem.
>>
>> Pierre Villard <pierre.villard.fr@gmail.com> schrieb am Mo., 12. Juni
>> 2017 um 18:14 Uhr:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> It looks like NiFi is correctly starting:
>>>
>>> 2017-06-12 18:02:09,570 INFO [main]
>>> org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer NiFi has started. The UI is
>>> available at the following URLs:
>>> 2017-06-12 18:02:09,570 INFO [main]
>>> org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer http://10.248.139.86:9090/nifi
>>> 2017-06-12 18:02:09,570 INFO [main]
>>> org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer http://127.0.0.1:9090/nifi
>>> 2017-06-12 18:02:09,572 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.BootstrapListener
>>> Successfully initiated communication with Bootstrap
>>> 2017-06-12 18:02:09,572 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Controller
>>> initialization took 14661609616 nanoseconds.
>>>
>>> When you're doing the curl command, do you have /nifi at the end?
>>> Any network weirdness that could prevent the access to port 9090?
>>>
>>>
>>> 2017-06-12 17:19 GMT+02:00 Georg Heiler <georg.kf.heiler@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>>> Hi Matt,
>>>>
>>>> started vis bin/nifi.sh start
>>>>
>>>> Logs do not show anything interesting. Indeed, I see the mentioned
>>>> lines, but a curl on http://localhost:9090/nifi returns curl: (52)
>>>> Empty reply from server
>>>>
>>>> Bootstrap logs shows:
>>>> 2017-06-12 18:01:50,459 INFO [main] o.a.n.b.NotificationServiceManager
>>>> Successfully loaded the following 0 services: []
>>>> 2017-06-12 18:01:50,462 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.RunNiFi
>>>> Registered no Notification Services for Notification Type NIFI_STARTED
>>>> 2017-06-12 18:01:50,462 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.RunNiFi
>>>> Registered no Notification Services for Notification Type NIFI_STOPPED
>>>> 2017-06-12 18:01:50,462 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.RunNiFi
>>>> Registered no Notification Services for Notification Type NIFI_DIED
>>>> 2017-06-12 18:01:50,487 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.Command
>>>> Starting Apache NiFi...
>>>> 2017-06-12 18:01:50,488 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.Command
>>>> Working Directory: /opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
>>>> 2017-06-12 18:01:50,488 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.Command
>>>> Command: /lib/jvm/java-openjdk/bin/java -classpath
>>>> /opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./conf:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/nifi-properties-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/nifi-nar-utils-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/nifi-runtime-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/nifi-framework-api-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/log4j-over-slf4j-1.7.12.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.12.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/ojdbc6.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/jul-to-slf4j-1.7.12.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/nifi-api-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/logback-classic-1.1.3.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar:/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./lib/logback-core-1.1.3.jar
>>>> -Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.disablejsr199=true -Xmx512m -Xms512m
>>>> -Djava.library.path=/usr/hdp/2.6.0.3-8/hadoop/lib
>>>> -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom
>>>> -Dsun.net.http.allowRestrictedHeaders=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
>>>> -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:+UseG1GC
>>>> -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=sun.net.www.protocol
>>>> -Dnifi.properties.file.path=/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/./conf/nifi.properties
>>>> -Dnifi.bootstrap.listen.port=37055 -Dapp=NiFi
>>>> -Dorg.apache.nifi.bootstrap.config.log.dir=/opt/nifi/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/logs
>>>> org.apache.nifi.NiFi
>>>> 2017-06-12 18:01:50,506 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.Command
>>>> Launched Apache NiFi with Process ID 20304
>>>> 2017-06-12 18:01:51,063 INFO [NiFi Bootstrap Command Listener]
>>>> org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.RunNiFi Apache NiFi now running and listening for
>>>> Bootstrap requests on port 44585
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> App log shows
>>>> https://gist.github.com/geoHeil/9df1947ab7ddb5027c67669aa0f83d0e
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Georg
>>>>
>>>> Matt Gilman <matt.c.gilman@gmail.com> schrieb am Mo., 12. Juni 2017
um
>>>> 15:13 Uhr:
>>>>
>>>>> Georg,
>>>>>
>>>>> The UI will be available once you see these log messages:
>>>>>
>>>>> 2017-06-09 09:02:37,208 INFO [main]
>>>>> org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer NiFi has started. The UI is
>>>>> available at the following URLs:
>>>>> 2017-06-09 09:02:37,208 INFO [main]
>>>>> org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer http://<host>:<port>/nifi
>>>>> 2017-06-09 09:02:37,208 INFO [main]
>>>>> org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer http://<host>:<port>/nifi
>>>>>
>>>>> If you search through the logs looking for the port you're configured
>>>>> to listen on, do you find anything? If these haven't printed yet, the
UI
>>>>> will not be available. If they have, then the UI should be available.
>>>>>
>>>>> Also, anything interesting in the bootstrap log?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>
>>>>> Matt
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 9:09 AM, Georg Heiler <
>>>>> georg.kf.heiler@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> After restarting my NiFi host no longer the NiFi web interface will
>>>>>> start. From the logs it looks like everything lese of NiFi is working
fine.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> a curl to localhost:<NiFiPort> will return an empty response.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> What else can I try?
>>>>>> The logs do not show any errors.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>> Georg
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>

Mime
View raw message