nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Oxenberg, Jeff" <jeff.oxenb...@hpe.com>
Subject RE: publishmqtt with SSL
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 19:55:53 GMT
Bumping this up as I’m still having an issue here; has anyone gotten publishmqtt working
with SSL?

Jeff Oxenberg

From: Oxenberg, Jeff
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 8:33 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: publishmqtt with SSL

Hey,

I’m trying to get NiFi to send mqtt messages to the Azure IoT Hub.  The IoT Hub uses SSL
certificates, and I’m having trouble getting it working with the publishmqtt processor.
 I create a StandardSSLContextService pointing the truststore at /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/security/cacerts.
 I made sure (I think) that the chain was trusted by importing it manually into the cacerts:
openssl s_client -showcerts -connect gsetest.azure-devices.net:8883 </dev/null | sed -ne
'/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > msft.cert
keytool -import -noprompt -trustcacerts -alias azure -file msft.cert -keystore /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/security/cacerts
-storepass changeit

When I start the processor, I immediately get the below error.  This all works when I do it
manually outside of NiFi using mosquitto_pub, so I know that my various settings (username,
password, etc) are correct.  Has anyone done something similar, or can anyone offer any help
here?

2017-08-08 17:20:28,570 ERROR [StandardProcessScheduler Thread-6] o.a.n.controller.StandardProcessorNode
Failed to invoke @OnScheduled method due to java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed while executing
one of processor's OnScheduled task.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed while executing one of processor's OnScheduled task.
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.invokeTaskAsCancelableFuture(StandardProcessorNode.java:1480)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.access$000(StandardProcessorNode.java:100)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode$1.run(StandardProcessorNode.java:1301)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.invokeTaskAsCancelableFuture(StandardProcessorNode.java:1463)
        ... 9 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null

Thanks,

Jeff Oxenberg