nifi-users mailing list archives

From <philippe.gib...@orange.com>
Subject RE: Nifi kafka ser/deser problem
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 14:23:19 GMT
Hello Joe

This  json content {"type":"room","id":"room11","attributes":{"position":"47.100,3.246","surface":223,"norme":"NF"}}

is the input of the PublishKafkaRecord_0_10 processor. This processor have among others  the
following properties set :

Record Reader : JsonTreeReader  --> pointing to the ConfluentSchemaRegistry
Record Writer :  AvroRecordSetWriter -> pointing to the confluentSchemaRegistry

I trace the call to  confluent registry and  I see the get  on the subject  ( Confluent registry
side)
And I also  see  the  binary content on a  consumer shell console (kafka-console-consumer
)
---------------
room
           room1147.100,3.246▒NF
-------------------------------

Thanks
Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Witt [mailto:joe.witt@gmail.com]
Sent: mardi 5 septembre 2017 15:26
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Nifi kafka ser/deser problem

Hello

Can you share the details of how you're serializing the data?  We'll need to understand the
configuration of the record writer of the publish kafka process to help discuss about reading
it back (be that in nifi or otherwise).

Since we support multiple modes of encoding the schema information this is the most likely
source of difficulty.

Thanks
Joe

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 8:53 AM,  <philippe.gibert@orange.com> wrote:
> Hello, My SW environment  à   Nifi  1.4 compiled from sources , on Ubuntu
> 14.04  and a running Confluent 3.3  Platform (running Confluent
> Registry and kafkaStreams )
>
> I have a process group with a PublishKafkaRecord_0_10 that serialize a
> record ( with 3 fields)
>
> And another process group  with a ConsumeKafkaRecord_0_10 that
> deserialise the record . that works nicely with reader/writer and  with the  Confluent
> Registry   storing the Avro MetaData.
>
> I do not have  ser/deser problems because I think Nifi does both jobs
> ……
>

> But I got problems of deserialization  if I put some  java Kafka client in
> the game … ( try to consume  from  Confluent   Kafka Streams )
>
> I got  some deserialization  exception :
>
> org.apache.kafka.common.errors.SerializationException: Error
> deserializing Avro message for id -1
>

> Any trick to  force another serialization  ( nifi side) or
> deserialization ( confluent side )  ?
>

> Best
>
> Phil

> confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc pas etre diffuses,
> exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message
> par erreur, veuillez le signaler a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi
> que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles
> d'alteration, Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete
> altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.
>
> This message and its attachments may contain confidential or
> privileged information that may be protected by law; they should not
> be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
> If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and
> As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have
> been modified, changed or falsified.
> Thank you.

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler