nifi-users mailing list archives

From <philippe.gib...@orange.com>
Subject Nifi kafka ser/deser problem
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 12:53:38 GMT
Hello, My SW environment  -->   Nifi  1.4 compiled from sources , on Ubuntu 14.04  and a
running Confluent 3.3  Platform (running Confluent Registry  and kafkaStreams )
I have a process group with a PublishKafkaRecord_0_10 that serialize a record ( with 3 fields)
And another process group  with a ConsumeKafkaRecord_0_10 that deserialise the record . that
works nicely with reader/writer and  with the  Confluent Registry   storing the Avro MetaData.
I do not have  ser/deser problems because I think Nifi does both jobs ......

But I got problems of deserialization  if I put some  java Kafka client in the game ... (
try to consume  from  Confluent   Kafka Streams )
I got  some deserialization  exception :
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.SerializationException: Error deserializing Avro message for
id -1

Any trick to  force another serialization  ( nifi side) or deserialization ( confluent side
)  ?

Best
Phil

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,

be protected by law;
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed
or falsified.
Thank you.