nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pwi...@micron.com>
Subject RE: [EXT] New to Nifi - Failed to update database due to a failed batch update
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 00:52:15 GMT
Hi Aruna,

Since you are using ReplaceText, you can view the contents of the FlowFile and check that
you can copy/paste the SQL and execute it by hand in Postgres.

If all that works try setting the batch size on PutSQL to 1 record. This will help check if
it's all records that are having trouble, or just a few bad records.

--Peter

From: Aruna Sankaralingam [mailto:Aruna.Sankaralingam@Cormac-Corp.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2017 2:57 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: [EXT] New to Nifi - Failed to update database due to a failed batch update

Hi,

I am new to Nifi. I am trying to load a CSV file into S3 bucket and then load into postgres
database. Please see screenshots below. This is what I have done. I am successful till "Replace
Text". But I am not sure if the replace text is creating the insert query properly. When I
start the PutSQL, it fails with this error "Failed to update database due to a failed batch
update. There were a total of 30 FlowFiles that failed, 0 that succeeded, and 0 that were
not execute and will be routed to retry"

I tried to see if I can find something in the failure flow file but when I click on View or
Download, nothing is happening. I would really appreciate any kind of guidance to make this
work.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D335DB.94E40DC0]

[cid:image002.jpg@01D335DB.94E40DC0]

[cid:image003.jpg@01D335DB.94E40DC0]