nifi-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Psaltis <psaltis.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Output Port: Port X is invalid because Output Connection for port X is not defined
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 20:36:40 GMT
Hi Mayank,
This is to be expected and is validation error, letting you know that the
"Output Port" is not properly configured. You will also see this same type
of Validation error icon on any processor whose configuration is not valid.

To correct this, you need to have the output, from the Output Port of your
Process group go to somewhere. Here is how I did this, as an example:

[image: Inline image 1]

And inside of the "OutputTest" process group, I have the following:

[image: Inline image 2]

Now the output port "OutputX" is valid as the resulting output is
configured to go somewhere. Keep in mind the objective of an Output Port is
to transfer data out of a Process Group and unless that is configured, then
NiFi will let you know that the Output Port is currently in an invalid
state.

Does that help?

Thanks,
Andrew