nifi-users mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Non Guaranteed Processing
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 02:25:50 GMT
Vikram,

The content [1], flowfile [2], and provenance [3] repositories all have volatile implementations
which do not persist to the file system. You reduce the overhead by removing I/O to disk,
but in the event of power loss, you will lose the data.

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#volatile-content-repository-properties
[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#flowfile-repository
[3] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#volatile-provenance-repository-properties

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On Oct 4, 2017, at 7:15 PM, Vikram KR <vkunniyur@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>    Is it possible to  have a dataflow with  Non Guaranteed processing semantics in Nifi/MiniFi?
I am aware that Nifi provides Guaranteed processing by storing  the data in its Content Repository.
I am wondering if there was any settings which will turn off the data persistence and keep
data in memory to avoid  I/O operations.