nifi-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Lim <andrewlim.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Controller settings and process groups
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 19:41:08 GMT
Uwe,

The User Guide was updated in version 1.3.0 to better describe how controller settings are
scoped.

-Drew

> On Oct 12, 2017, at 2:50 PM, Matt Gilman <matt.c.gilman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Uwe,
>
> Services defined in the Controller Settings are available to Reporting Tasks and other
services defined there. Services defined within a Process Group are available to descendent
components. To create a service that is available to all components in the flow, define it
in the root Process Group.

> https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/90259/understanding-controller-service-availability-in-a.html
>
> Matt
>
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:36 PM, Uwe Geercken <uwe.geercken@web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Nifi for quite a while, but I have never understood how the inheritance of
the controller settings works.

> If I have a blank flow and add controller settings - e.g. a DHCPConnection Pool - and
then add a process group, then the controller settings are not visible. Why is that? I thought
the controller settings for the parent flow are visible for all descendants?