nifi-users mailing list archives

From James Wing <jvw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NiFi and MSMQ
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2017 15:41:40 GMT
Manish,

I have never tried to connect NiFi with MSMQ, but NiFi supports enough
connection interfaces to make something possible.  An ideal solution would
be a JMS wrapper for MSMQ so you could use NiFi's ConsumeJMS and PublishJMS
processors.  JMS is a typical queue interface for Java apps like NiFi.  Of
course, JMS compatibility for Java apps has not been a Microsoft goal.  I
did find one open source project along these lines (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/msmqtojms/), there are probably more, and
possibly commercially supported options.

If you only need to publish to MSMQ, Microsoft does support an HTTP
interface for inbound messages.  But I don't believe this supports reading
messages.  See HTTP Messages (
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms699792(v=vs.85).aspx).

Last, there are many options available if you write an application to pump
messages to/from MSMQ using a more open protocol like HTTP(S), files on a
file system, etc. using any language that can use native Windows/COM
interfaces.

Thanks,

James