nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tips for flow development and version control
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2017 12:07:29 GMT
Eric,

The current mechanism we support for this sort of thing is the
template mechanism [1].

However, there is a lot of effort now going into building a registry
model for versioned flows and extensions. [2]  There has also been a
JIRA instance launched for tracking progress of the registry itself
[3].  In recent releases the foundations for this were put in place
with process group hosted/scoped variables (for expression language)
and versioned extension support.

The template approach doesn't integrate with Git directly but you can
build a process around that.  They are useful but there are important
shortcomings that the registry approach will solve.  I don't know if
there is a JIRA to have direct git integration or not yet but you
could certainly create one if interested.

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#templates
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Configuration+Management+of+Flows
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFIREG

Thanks