nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: nifi 1.4 - variables
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 15:39:00 GMT
Thanks!

There is a JIRA to add additional documentation to the user guide [1].
For the previously existing capabilities with the properties file,
there is some mention in the admin guide [2].

The variables work in a hierarchical manner, meaning if a variable
"foo" is declared at the root group and also declared inside a process
group, components inside the process group will use the value of "foo"
from within the process group.

If you test this out, the UI should indicate which one is being
used... In the above example, if you looked at the variables from
within the process group, you should see "foo" listed twice, but the
one from the root group would have a line through it indicating that
it is being overridden.

-Bryan

[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#custom_properties