nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Uwe Geercken" <uwe.geerc...@web.de>
Subject Aw: Re: Controller settings and process groups
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2017 19:11:32 GMT
12.0px;"><div>

solid #C3D9E5; word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">
Oktober 2017 um 21:41 Uhr<br/>

The User Guide was updated in version 1.3.0 to better describe how controller settings are
scoped.<br/>
-Drew<br/>
&gt; On Oct 12, 2017, at 2:50 PM, Matt Gilman &lt;matt.c.gilman@gmail.com&gt;
wrote:<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Uwe,<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Services defined in the Controller Settings are available to Reporting Tasks and
other services defined there. Services defined within a Process Group are available to descendent
components. To create a service that is available to all components in the flow, define it
in the root Process Group.<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; <a href="https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/90259/understanding-controller-service-availability-in-a.html"
target="_blank">https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/90259/understanding-controller-service-availability-in-a.html</a><br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Matt<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:36 PM, Uwe Geercken &lt;uwe.geercken@web.de&gt;
wrote:<br/>
&gt; Hello,<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; I am using Nifi for quite a while, but I have never understood how the inheritance
of the controller settings works.<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; If I have a blank flow and add controller settings - e.g. a DHCPConnection Pool -
and then add a process group, then the controller settings are not visible. Why is that? I
thought the controller settings for the parent flow are visible for all descendants?<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; rgds,<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Uwe<br/>