nifi-users mailing list archives

From Matt Gilman <matt.c.gil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: observing strange behavior nifi UI flow on a system from a recent nifi 0.6.x to nifi 1.3.x upgrade
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 19:21:39 GMT
Jeremy,

The behavior your describing happens when you do not have permissions to
the root group. This is the behavior when the policies for the initial
admin (configured either through the property or through a legacy
authorized-users.xml file) are created but there is no existing flow.xml.gz
in the conf directory. In this case, the admin can log in and grant
themselves the necessary permissions to the root group. From the admin
guide...

For a brand new secure flow, providing the "Initial Admin Identity" gives
that user access to get into the UI and to manage users, groups and
policies. But if that user wants to start modifying the flow, they need to
grant themselves policies for the root process group. The system is unable
to do this automatically because in a new flow the UUID of the root process
group is not permanent until the flow.xml.gz is generated. If the NiFi
instance is an upgrade from an existing flow.xml.gz or a 1.x instance going
from unsecure to secure, then the "Initial Admin Identity" user is
automatically given the privileges to modify the flow.

Hope this helps.

Matt