nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encrypting values in custom variable registry files
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2017 16:25:57 GMT
At this point there is support for sensitive component properties
which mean no matter what the value is (whether it is an actual value
or a string referencing a variable key) we will ensure it is always
encrypted in config files and never returned to any client even in
encrypted form unless there is some clear need based on the API call.

There is no support at this point for sensitive variables meaning we
dont presently encrypt variable values.

With the flow registry work that is going on now in the first instance
of pulling in an version of a registered flow you can set the value
for sensitive properties and they'd be honored/kept across new
versions so the mechanism should work quite well for version managed
flows even with things like passwords.  That might help you.

Thanks