nifi-users mailing list archives

From Panos Geo <panospanos1...@outlook.com>
Subject NiFi stops processing further flowfiles
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2017 15:46:51 GMT
Hello all,

We are running NiFi in a docker container that has roughly 500 processors running. These include
consuming messages (MQTT), interaction with a database and some data processing with execute
scripts. Our NiFi version is v.1.4.0 and this instance has 18GB of RAM with 12GB allocated
to Java heap.

Quite recently we increased the load of the incoming messages (1000messages/minute) that lead
to more files being queued and some backpressure. We then have experienced what appears to
be some kind of deadlock. NiFi stops processing any flowfiles and the processors running get
stuck (there is a thread running constantly; we see 1 at the top right corner of the processor).
If we try to stop these processors the icon gets changed to stop, but we now have 2 threads
stuck at the top right corner of the processor. We cannot start these processors again and
no other data flow is being processed unless we restart NiFi. We have experienced this multiple
times over the past week.

I am attaching a nifi dump in case it helps. Our nifi.properties is fairly standard (we just
have smaller retention periods for content and provenance).

Any thoughts? What can we do to debug this further?

Many thanks,
Panos