nifi-users mailing list archives

From <mohit.j...@open-insights.co.in>
Subject RE: Issues in using Remote process group in a nifi cluster (nifi 1.4.0)
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2018 15:31:57 GMT
Hi,

Generate flowfile is scheduled to run on the primary node only. There is no additional information
in the logs. It also throws some  exception on the GenerateFlowFile if it not stopped for
sometime.

I have shared the logs in the attachment.

Regards,

Mohit

From: Matt Burgess [mailto:mattyb149@apache.org]
Sent: 28 February 2018 20:40
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issues in using Remote process group in a nifi cluster (nifi 1.4.0)

Mohit,

Is your GenerateFlowFile configured to run on the Primary Node Only? If not, each node in
the cluster will be generating flow files, and they will be re-distributed via the RPGs to
the cluster. Also can you share your nifi-app.log, or the relevant stack trace that accompanies
the error bulletin(s) you're seeing. NullPointerExceptions usually indicate bugs (at least
in error handling, even if it occurs due to misconfiguration).

Thanks,

Matt

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:04 AM, <mohit.jain@open-insights.co.in <mailto:mohit.jain@open-insights.co.in>
> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to use nifi cluster to distribute the flow. I am facing a lot of issues to achieve
it.  I have created a sample flow consisting of GenerateFlowFile, Remote Process Group, and
a LogAttribute processor.

The flowfile generated by the GenerateFlowFile is still in the queue, but rip(remote input
port) keeps on generating the flowfiles at a bizarre rate. For example, for 1 flowfile, it
creates 35. This is happening for every flow(tried it using List/Fetch paradigm as well).
It also throws the following bulletins.

I am getting the following error. Please let me know if I’m doing anything wrong.

Thanks,

Mohit