nifi-users mailing list archives

From James McMahon <jsmcmah...@gmail.com>
Subject Alternative to Failure from a processor?
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 22:24:32 GMT
Good evening. I have a somewhat challenging requirement, and hope someone
in the group has tackled this before.

There are cases where a flowFile will fail to process through a processor
in my workflow. For example, an expression language representation of an
AMQP exchange does not resolve to an exchange known to the ProcessAMQP
processor. The flowFile is not sent down the Failure output - instead it
remains in the preceding queue, and it blocks all other flowfiles.

My customer wants me to modify the processor so that in such error cases,
the flowfile gets routed down an Error output path, and so does not block
the incoming pipeline. In my case, I intend to direct that output flow path
to a second instance of PublishAMQP where all the configuration parms are
hardwired to a fixed, known AMQP route for "nifi unroutable".

Can anyone tell me how to meet this requirement? Thanks in advance for any
advice.
- Jim