nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Woodhead, Chad" <Chad.Woodh...@ncr.com>
Subject Restarting NiFi causing SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask to fail
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2018 17:51:58 GMT
I am running HDF 3.0.1.1 which comes with NiFi 1.2.0.3.0.1.1-5. We are using SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask
to monitor bulletins (for things like Disk Usage and Memory Usage). When we restart NiFi via
Ambari (either with a Restart or Stop and then Start), when NiFi comes back up the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask
no longer works. It throws the following error when it is first trying to start up:

SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask[id=ba6b4499-0162-1000-0000-00003ccd7573] org.apache.nifi.remote.client.PeerSelector@34e976af
Unable to refresh Remote Group's peers due to response code 409:Conflict with explanation:
null

No matter how long we wait, it never works. The ways I have been able to get it to start working
again are as follows:

  *   Stop and then Start the Remote Input Port the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask is using
  *   Delete the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask and create a new one
  *   Wait a while and stop and start the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask (however this doesn't
work consistently)

I have tested the same flow steps using a process that uses a Remote Process Group and a different
Remote Input Port, and that RPG throws the same error when first coming up but then starts
working after a period of time. So maybe the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask isn't trying
enough times to connect to the Remote Input Port?

Sincerely,
Chad Woodhead