nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Niemiec <josephx...@gmail.com>
Subject Killing 'Stuck' Processors without restarting NiFi
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2018 21:31:57 GMT
Hi all,

We have some Kafka Processors that are getting stuck with 2 threads always
on, even if they get shutdown we can wait hours and they never stop. I
have seen this behavior before with HDFS processors but only on secure
kerberos clusters. This cluster is not secure at all.

Kafka 0.10
NiFi 1.5.0 (Apache)

I know you can do nifi.sh dump to get thread info, but thats not really
helping us manage the problem. If there was a hard-reset button that didn't
involve restarting the entire JVM that would be great... It takes a while
for our NiFi instances to restart at times and would rather not stop
everything for a single bad processor...

Any tips/recommendations on how we can identify whats really making this
ConsumeKafka processor stuck?

Thanks!

--
Joseph