nifi-users mailing list archives

From Vitaly Krivoy <Vitaly_Kri...@jhancock.com>
Subject RE: PUT/flow/process-groups/{id} API
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2018 18:14:33 GMT
Thank you for replying Matt. It’s not secured. Not yet. I am still in the early stages of
developing a prototype. The PUT/flow/process-groups/{id}  API description says that the Components
object is optional and if one is not provided, all processing group components will be started.
Until now I was relying on this spec. But then I thought that perhaps this only works for
native NiFi GUI REST calls because some token is being passed that is not passed from my program.
(I don’t see it in Developers Tools, but I might be something in HTTP envelope, that I am
not aware of). For other API calls revision object is required. Maybe it is the case here
as well. I am in the middle of implementing it to test it out.

From: Matt Gilman [mailto:matt.c.gilman@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2018 1:30 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: PUT/flow/process-groups/{id} API

Vitaly,

That endpoint will start/stop every component the requesting user has access to. Is your instance
secured? If so please ensure that your including necessary authentication details. For instance,
if your using client certificate in your browser be sure you request in your Java program
uses a similar SSL context.

Matt
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 6, 2018, at 11:15 AM, Vitaly Krivoy <Vitaly_Krivoy@jhancock.com<mailto:Vitaly_Krivoy@jhancock.com>>