nifi-users mailing list archives

From Vitaly Krivoy <Vitaly_Kri...@jhancock.com>
Subject RE: PUT/flow/process-groups/{id} API
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2018 20:09:33 GMT
As soon as I added components object, it worked. And in a retrospect it makes sense, because
you want to identify the client for locking. In current state NiFi, the API documentation
is a developer's worth enemy, but those who overcome this hurdle, will understand NiFi pretty
well. Thank you for trying to help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Bende [mailto:bbende@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2018 2:36 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: PUT/flow/process-groups/{id} API

I'm not sure if this is helpful to compare to what you are trying to do, but in the CLI that
is soon to be released with 1.6.0, we have a similar command for "pg-start".

Here is how it is implemented:

https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-toolkit/nifi-toolkit-cli/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/toolkit/cli/impl/command/nifi/pg/PGStart.java#L58-L63

Here is the implementation of the method where it makes the PUT to /flow/process-groups/{id}
:

https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-toolkit/nifi-toolkit-cli/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/toolkit/cli/impl/client/nifi/impl/JerseyFlowClient.java#L146-L153

Keep in mind this will only start components that are in a valid state to be started... any
processors that have validation errors cannot be started, and also controller services need
to be started separately.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 2:14 PM, Vitaly Krivoy <Vitaly_Krivoy@jhancock.com> wrote:
> Thank you for replying Matt. It’s not secured. Not yet. I am still in
> the early stages of developing a prototype. The
> PUT/flow/process-groups/{id} API description says that the Components
> object is optional and if one is not provided, all processing group
> components will be started. Until now I was relying on this spec. But
> then I thought that perhaps this only works for native NiFi GUI REST
> calls because some token is being passed that is not passed from my
> program. (I don’t see it in Developers Tools, but I might be something
> in HTTP envelope, that I am not aware of). For other API calls
> revision object is required. Maybe it is the case here as well. I am in the middle of
implementing it to test it out.