nifi-users mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updated Upgrade NiFi docs?
Date Wed, 02 May 2018 20:11:58 GMT
Sarah Olson also points out that the Migration Guidance [1] on the same wiki is much more up
to date and includes notes about the authoriz* and users.xml files.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Migration+Guidance <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Migration+Guidance>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On May 2, 2018, at 1:00 PM, Andy LoPresto <alopresto@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Yes, it appears that document is out of date. Thanks for pointing this out. The NiFi
Admin Guide [1] has current information on how to manage access controls via the new files.

> The state directory stores valuable data for cluster coordination and other features
but is not related to user access control.

> Do you have a specific question with regards to performing your upgrade? Hopefully we
can help.

> If you can, please open a Jira to update this documentation.
>
> [1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#multi-tenant-authorization
<https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#multi-tenant-authorization>

> Andy LoPresto
> alopresto@apache.org <mailto:alopresto@apache.org>
> alopresto.apache@gmail.com <mailto:alopresto.apache@gmail.com>
>
>> On May 2, 2018, at 11:48 AM, Ryan H <rhendrickson.work@gmail.com <mailto:rhendrickson.work@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>    Are there updated NiFi docs for upgrading NiFi's that have the new access controls?
 eg. 1.3 -> 1.4 or 1.4 -> 1.6?  There looks like a couple more files that need to be
moved over... users.xml, authorizations.xml.. I copied over the state folder (although I'm
not sure if I had to)