nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can a NiFi processor depend on multiple independent controller services?
Date Thu, 03 May 2018 11:18:16 GMT
It is possible if you create a chain of service API NARs...

For example, API NAR 2 depends on API NAR 1 depends on standard
services API NAR.

A processor NAR that depends on APi NAR 2 will then see API 2, API 1,
and all standard services API.

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 11:51 PM, Tim Dean <tim.dean@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am creating a handful of custom NiFi processors, and a couple of controller services
that are to be used by those processors. For a variety of reasons, those services are currently
being developed independently. In other words, each service will be in its own nar file.

> Most of my processors will depend on one of these services or the other, but I have at
least one processor that would ideally depend on on both of these controller services. However,
if I understand the documentation this doesn’t seem possible. If a processor nar must have
a parent nar that contains the API of its service(s), and if a processor nar can have only
one parent nar, then it stands to reason that a processor cannot depend on the APIs for two
independent controller services. The only possibility seems to be combine all of the services
I depend on into a single service nar.

> Am I understanding this correctly?
>
> Are there any reasonable strategies for allowing a single processor to depend on multiple
independent controller services that aren’t included in the same nar file?