nifi-users mailing list archives

From Lee Laim <lee.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating an attribute
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2018 18:02:50 GMT
Jim,
I think the ExtractText processor with a large enough MaxCaptureGroup length (default :1024)
will do that.      Though, I share Tim’s concerns when you scale up
Thanks,
Lee

> On Aug 17, 2018, at 11:52 AM, Timothy Tschampel <tim.tschampel@vivacehealthsolutions.com>
wrote:

> This may not be applicable to your use case depending on message volume / # of attributes;
but I would avoid putting payloads into attributes for scalability reasons (especially RAM
usage).

>> On Aug 17, 2018, at 10:47 AM, James McMahon <jsmcmahon3@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have flowfiles with data payloads that represent small strings of text (messages
consumed from AMQP queues). I want to create an attribute that holds the entire payload for
downstream use. How can I capture the entire data payload of a flowfile in a new attribute
on the flowfile? Thank you in advance for your help. -Jim