nifi-users mailing list archives

From Shawn Weeks <swe...@weeksconsulting.us>
Subject Re: Re:
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2018 15:54:32 GMT
The project I'm on is running into this issue as well and it gets particularly painful when
all of your server's are signed by the same root ca that signs your smart card logins and
your using something like KnoxSSO. Explaining to your end users that you should skip the first
Certificate Prompt but accept the second but only when you haven't logged in the current session
is really painful and shows major shortcoming between the back end authentication between
servers and front end ui authentication.

We can't even considering putting it behind our identify reverse proxies because we can't
turn off two way ssl.

Thanks

Shawnk

________________________________
From: Kevin Doran <kdoran@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 10:47:56 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re:

sorry forgot the link. here it is:

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFIREG/issues/NIFIREG-189

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Kevin Doran <kdoran@apache.org<mailto:kdoran@apache.org>>
wrote:
Hi Curtis,

This has come up a few times. Unfortunately I don’t think there is currently an easy way
to disable X509-based identity extraction in NiFi today. There is an open JIRA for the same
issue in NiFi Registry [1]. NiFi Registry follows the same AuthN/AuthZ design (and a fair
amount of code) as NiFi, so this ticket should apply to NiFi as well.

Perhaps you could share more about your needs and use case on that ticket so that when it
gets implemented we could take that scenario with reverse proxies and OIDC into account?

Thanks,
Kevin

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Curtis Ruck <curtis.ruck@gmail.com<mailto:curtis.ruck@gmail.com>>