nifi-users mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nightly Builds of Nars/NiFi
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2018 17:11:03 GMT
Hi Ryan,

This is an often requested bit of process of ASF projects, however one that
is not frequently carried out nor is it something that aligns well with the
core tenets of what a release is.  The important thing to keep in mind is
that releases conducted by the NiFi community, or other ASF communities,
are source releases [1].  While releases often times provide binaries and
assemblies, these are only for convenience and part of the formal release
process.  These guidelines are provided in full at [2].

There is a way in which nightly builds are permitted but are to be created
and made available solely for the intent of testing purposes.

What is fair game, and I think to solving your core problem, would be an
evaluation of release processes, what is released, and the granularity
thereto.  You mentioned NARs in your response.  Do you find the issues you
are typically trying to get fixes for mostly pertaining to extensions
(processors, controller services, etc)?

Let us know if you have any other questions or comments.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#what
[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.htm