nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NiFi 1.6.0 cluster stability with Site-to-Site
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 20:42:56 GMT
Joe G

I do recall there were some fixes and improvements related to
clustering performance/thread pooling/ as it relates to site to site.
I dont recall precisely which version they went into but i'd strongly
recommend trying the latest release if you're able.

Thanks
On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:13 PM Martijn Dekkers <martijn@dekkers.org.uk> wrote:

> Whats the OS you are running on? What kind of systems? Memory stats, network stats, JVM
stats etc. How much data coming through?

> On 10 August 2018 at 16:06, Joe Gresock <jgresock@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Any nifi developers on this list that have any suggestions?
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 7:38 AM Joe Gresock <jgresock@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am running a 7-node NiFi 1.6.0 cluster that performs fairly well when it's
simply processing its own data (putting records in Elasticsearch, MongoDB, running transforms,
etc.).  However, when we add receiving Site-to-Site traffic to the mix, the CPU spikes to
the point that the nodes can't talk to each other, resulting in the inability to view or modify
the flow in the console.

>>> I have tried some basic things to mitigate this:
>>> - Requested that the sending party use a comma-separated list of all 7 of our
nodes in their Remote Process Group that points to our cluster, in hopes that that will help
balance the requests
>>> - Requested that the sending party use some of the batching settings on the Remote
Port (i.e., Count = 20, Size = 100 MB, Duration = 10 sec)
>>> - Reduced the thread count on our Input Port to 2
>>>
>>> Are there any known nifi.properties that can be set to help mitigate this problem?
 Again, it only seems to be a problem when we are both receiving site-to-site traffic and
doing our normal processing, but taking each of those activities in isolation seems to be
okay.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Joe
>>

>> --
>> I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned
the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether
living in plenty or in want.  I can do all this through him who gives me strength.    -Philippians
4:12-13