nifi-users mailing list archives

From Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com>
Subject Re: Question about NiFi and bulk database inserts - is PutSQL the only out of the box option?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2018 15:20:22 GMT
Matt, but it still not using bulk load methods, right?. Some databases have
proprietary ways of doing that fast rather than running a bunch of insert
statements.

Bob, what I've done in the past is dumping data either to HDFS or local
disk and then using efficient tools to do this job using bulk load tools,
specific to your target platform. Sqoop can also do it to some degree but
has a long list of limitations then it comes down to exports.