nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2]" <karth...@micron.com>
Subject RE: [EXT] Re: Get all Processors
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:35:40 GMT
Daniel,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, however I have built a python client which we use internally
to automate few things as well. Coming back to getting list of all processors, I use “/flow/process-groups/root/status?
recursive=true” for getting all components in one call and then parse the ProcessGroupStatusEntity
recursively to get all processors/process-groups from an instance but this approach will not
give me the ControllerServices that a processor is referencing.

One approach from here on is to make one rest call per processor to get those details (which
is expensive timewise) or filter the processor list for the specific set of processor types
you’re interested in and then make a rest call for each one in the filtered list. Either
ways, I was trying to see if this can be done with very few rest call/s (possibly one) as
I will run this every five minutes and collect stats about those processors.

-Karthik

From: Daniel Chaffelson [mailto:chaffelson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 12:40 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: Get all Processors

Hi Karthik,
I have already implemented this in NiPyApi, assuming a Python automation client is useful
to you.

In the nipyapi.canvas.recurse_flow command ( https://github.com/Chaffelson/nipyapi/blob/28d7f74478e5e71253ce2de53fd22f56f455c338/nipyapi/canvas.py#L36
) is the base functionality to step through the tree of ProcessGroups and retrieve the attributes
from each. This is the one-call-per-PG method described above.

This is then leveraged in the list_all_process_groups and list_all_processors commands, which
respectively produce a flat list of all process groups or processors anywhere on the canvas
( https://github.com/Chaffelson/nipyapi/blob/28d7f74478e5e71253ce2de53fd22f56f455c338/nipyapi/canvas.py#L144
)
These are particularly useful for running Python list comprehensions against NiFi entities,
such as single line script commands to find all instances of a certain processor, or purge
the entire canvas in a test environment.

If anyone can think of a different way to implement this that would be useful, particularly
in these larger deployments, I'm happy to take a run at it.

Thanks,
Dan

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 4:38 PM Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2] <karthikk@micron.com<mailto:karthikk@micron.com>>