nifi-users mailing list archives

From Vitaly Krivoy <Vitaly_Kri...@jhancock.com>
Subject Ingestion from databases: pure NiFi vs Kylo with Scoop
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 19:28:24 GMT
We are considering using Kylo on top of NiFi. It is my understanding that while Kylo manages
both NiFi and Spark, its designers decided to utilize Scoop from Spark in order to ingest
the data from relational databases. I am also aware that it is possible to drive Scoop from
NiFi using one of the processors which can run scripts. Why would Kylo designers rely on Scoop
rather than on NiFi? It's possible to set up a stand-alone NiFi instance and a NiFi cluster
to do parallel database access. Scoop will achieve polarization for extraction from databases
relying on the power of MR. We are a HortonWorks on Azure shop, so we already have infrastructure
for both approaches. Does anyone have any feedback why would one approach be preferable to
another?

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY The information contained in this email message and any attachments
may be confidential and legally privileged and is intended for the use of the addressee(s)
only. If you are not an intended recipient, please: (1) notify me immediately by replying
to this message; (2) do not use, disseminate, distribute or reproduce any part of the message
or any attachment; and (3) destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.