nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pwi...@micron.com>
Subject After 1.7.1 upgrade, no Provenance data is visible
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 21:39:10 GMT
After upgrading our NiFi instances to 1.7.1 we are not able to see Provenance data anymore
in the UI. We see this across about a dozen instances.
In the UI it tells me provenance is available for about the last 24 hours, and I can see that
files have moved in and out of the processor in the last 5 min. In the logs, I can see it
query provenance, and that the query returns 0 results.

Thoughts? I saw a few tickets related to Provenance in 1.7, but not sure if they have an impact.

Here are our properties:

# Provenance Repository Properties
nifi.provenance.repository.implementation=org.apache.nifi.provenance.WriteAheadProvenanceRepository
nifi.provenance.repository.debug.frequency=1_000_000
nifi.provenance.repository.encryption.key.provider.implementation=
nifi.provenance.repository.encryption.key.provider.location=
nifi.provenance.repository.encryption.key.id=
nifi.provenance.repository.encryption.key=

# Persistent Provenance Repository Properties
nifi.provenance.repository.directory.default=/data/nifi/repositories/provenance_repository
nifi.provenance.repository.max.storage.time=24 hours
nifi.provenance.repository.max.storage.size=1 GB
nifi.provenance.repository.rollover.time=30 secs
nifi.provenance.repository.rollover.size=100 MB
nifi.provenance.repository.query.threads=2
nifi.provenance.repository.index.threads=2
nifi.provenance.repository.compress.on.rollover=true
nifi.provenance.repository.always.sync=false
nifi.provenance.repository.journal.count=16
# Comma-separated list of fields. Fields that are not indexed will not be searchable. Valid
fields are:
# EventType, FlowFileUUID, Filename, TransitURI, ProcessorID, AlternateIdentifierURI, Relationship,
Details
nifi.provenance.repository.indexed.fields=EventType, FlowFileUUID, Filename, ProcessorID,
Relationship
# FlowFile Attributes that should be indexed and made searchable.  Some examples to consider
are filename, uuid, mime.type
nifi.provenance.repository.indexed.attributes=
# Large values for the shard size will result in more Java heap usage when searching the Provenance
Repository
# but should provide better performance
nifi.provenance.repository.index.shard.size=500 MB
# Indicates the maximum length that a FlowFile attribute can be when retrieving a Provenance
Event from
# the repository. If the length of any attribute exceeds this value, it will be truncated
when the event is retrieved.
nifi.provenance.repository.max.attribute.length=65536
nifi.provenance.repository.concurrent.merge.threads=2
nifi.provenance.repository.warm.cache.frequency=1 hour

Thanks,
  Peter