nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Manuel Fernandes (DSI)" <carlos.antonio.fernan...@cgd.pt>
Subject RE: PutDatabaseRecord runs out of connections
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 13:43:52 GMT
I walter,
try setting validation query property on database controller service. Probably in you installation
there is some firewall which drops idle connections. With this property set (ex: select 1
 for Sqlserver) if the processor get an invalid connection that connection  is dropped and
a new one is generated.

I hope this help.

Carlos

From: Vos, Walter [mailto:walter.vos@ns.nl]
Sent: quarta-feira, 8 de agosto de 2018 13:55
To: 'users@nifi.apache.org'
Subject: PutDatabaseRecord runs out of connections

Hi,

I'm an application admin for NiFi (among others) within my company. NiFi is very new to me
and to my colleagues as well.

We're running into an issue with one of our flows where a PutDatabaseRecord processor halts
with the following error: " Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object".
Writing is done  to a SQL Server database.

The flow executes daily, and this doesn't happen every time. Currently when this happens,
we disable the controller service and re-enable it. That gets the data through.

I was wondering if somebody here could shed some light on possible solutions or on where to
investigate further. So far I've read a couple of things:

* I could increase the max wait time for the controller service
* I could increase the max total connections for the controller service
* I could use a different driver. I've read suggestions that com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
is buggy and the jTDS driver (http://jtds.sourceforge.net/index.html ) should be used instead
* I've also read that this error could occur if connections are used but not closed. I'm expecting
the processor to take care of this, but developers are only human too, so.... :)

How could I debug this situation and do you have any thoughts on the above? What could the
side effects of changing those controller service settings? Will a different driver help?
Or how could I check whether the processor closes its connections?

Kind regards,

Walter

Deze e-mail, inclusief eventuele bijlagen, is uitsluitend bestemd voor (gebruik door) de geadresseerde.
De e-mail kan persoonlijke of vertrouwelijke informatie bevatten. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging,
verspreiding en/of verstrekking van (de inhoud van) deze e-mail (en eventuele bijlagen) aan
derden is uitdrukkelijk niet toegestaan. Indien u niet de bedoelde geadresseerde bent, wordt
u vriendelijk verzocht degene die de e-mail verzond hiervan direct op de hoogte te brengen
en de e-mail (en eventuele bijlagen) te vernietigen.

Informatie vennootschap<http://www.ns.nl/emaildisclaimer>