nifi-users mailing list archives

From Chris Herrera <chris.herrer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Potential Use Case
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2018 20:14:30 GMT
This is very much a perfect use case for NiFi. Using site to site to link up minifi or other
nifi instances is something I have done multiple times, in use cases almost exactly like yours.
Just make sure that your nifi instances that are collecting the data at your sites are able
to talk to a nifi deployed in Azure (either on IaaS or AKS).

Regards,
Chris

> On Oct 13, 2018, at 2:31 PM, Alan O'Regan <alan.oregan@soltech.net> wrote:
>
> I have a potentially large number of distributed database instances that track inventory
levels in a number of manafacturing plants.
> These plants are not on a single network. Each plant has a SQL Server database that tracks
certain inventory levels periodically.
> These databases are written to periodically by a Programmable Logic Controller that inserts
rows with inventory levels.

> I would like to be able to aggregate these levels across all plants into a single (think
Master) database instance hosted in Azure. (We can then report against this database). I am
new to Nifi but I think this might be an ideal use case based on what I am understanding from
the docs. Has anyone done anything similar to this?