nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: variable url for remote process group
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2018 19:14:10 GMT
The RPG URL can be edited after importing to the next environment, and it should be ignored
when comparing against the flow in registry so it won’t be seen as a change that needs to
be committed. So although you can’t use a variable, you should still be able to version
control a flow with an RPG and just update the URL after deployment with a script.

> On Oct 6, 2018, at 2:19 PM, mohammed shambakey <shambakey1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Thanks, guys for your help. I ended up with building the whole RPG programmatically every
time I need to change the URL, then delete (programmatically) the RPG at the end of the workflow

> Regards
>
> On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 4:37 AM Kevin Doran <kdoran.apache@gmail.com <mailto:kdoran.apache@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you put the remote process group outside what is versioned to NiFi Registry? For
example, if the remote process group is a sink, put everything upstream of it in a process
group and version that as the thing that moves between environments, leaving the RPG, and
the connection from the versioned PG to the RPG, as static in each environment. (Likewise,
if the RPG is the source, put everything downstream of it in a process group that is versioned.)