nifi-users mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Security issues for NiFi's supporting libs.
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2018 13:07:08 GMT
The Apache NiFi security team has responded to these messages via private email. For all interested
parties, please know that NiFi is not vulnerable to CVE-2018-1000613 and further discussion
is needed for the second CVE listed as this issued number does not match the description provided.

All users should refer to the Apache NiFi Security Reporting Guidelines for coordinated disclosure
process [1].

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/security.html

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On Oct 10, 2018, at 4:50 PM, Dnyaneshwar Pawar <dnyaneshwar_pawar@persistent.com>
wrote:

> More organized information.
>
> Vulnarability
> Severity
> Package/jar
> Description
> CVE-2018-1000613
> High
> bcprov-jdk15on-1.59.jar
> Legion of the Bouncy Castle Legion of the Bouncy Castle Java Cryptography APIs version
prior to version 1.60 contains a CWE-470: Use of Externally-Controlled Input to Select Classes
or Code ('Unsafe Reflection') vulnerability in XMSS/XMSS^MT private key deserialization that
can result in Deserializing an XMSS/XMSS^MT private key can result in the execution of unexpected
code.. This attack appear to be exploitable via A handcrafted private key can include references
to unexpected classes which will be picked up from the class path for the executing application..
This vulnerability appears to have been fixed in 1.60 and later.

> CVE  2009-0001
> Medium
> commons-codec-1.11.jar
>
> Not all "business" method implementations of public API in Apache Commons Codec 1.x are
thread safe, which might disclose the wrong data or allow an attacker to change non-private
fields.

castle bcprov-jdk15on-1.59 and Apache’s commons-codec lib. How should we address them? The
Bouncy Castle upgraded them to fix the issues. What about commons codec and are they available
in 1.7.1?

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Dnyaneshwar Pawar
>
> DISCLAIMER
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read,
retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication