nifi-users mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopresto.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Security issues for NiFi's supporting libs.
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 07:33:43 GMT
Please stop replying to this thread. You can follow up on the private thread between you and
the Apache NiFi security team for more information.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On Oct 15, 2018, at 14:49, Dnyaneshwar Pawar <dnyaneshwar_pawar@persistent.com>
wrote:

> Thank You for your reply. Is there any official documentation or link where we can point
and assure our user about this?
> Basically there scan is reporting CVE-2018-1000613, CVE-2018-1000180, 2009-0001 issues.
>

> Regards,
> Dnyaneshwar Pawar

all interested parties, please know that NiFi is not vulnerable to CVE-2018-1000613 and further
discussion is needed for the second CVE listed as this issued number does not match the description
provided.

> All users should refer to the Apache NiFi Security Reporting Guidelines for coordinated
disclosure process [1].

> [1] https://nifi.apache.org/security.html
>

> Andy LoPresto
> alopresto@apache.org
> alopresto.apache@gmail.com
>
> On Oct 10, 2018, at 4:50 PM, Dnyaneshwar Pawar <dnyaneshwar_pawar@persistent.com>
wrote:

> More organized information.
>
> Vulnarability
> Severity
> Package/jar
> Description
> CVE-2018-1000613
> High
> bcprov-jdk15on-1.59.jar
> Legion of the Bouncy Castle Legion of the Bouncy Castle Java Cryptography APIs version
prior to version 1.60 contains a CWE-470: Use of Externally-Controlled Input to Select Classes
or Code ('Unsafe Reflection') vulnerability in XMSS/XMSS^MT private key deserialization that
can result in Deserializing an XMSS/XMSS^MT private key can result in the execution of unexpected
code.. This attack appear to be exploitable via A handcrafted private key can include references
to unexpected classes which will be picked up from the class path for the executing application..
This vulnerability appears to have been fixed in 1.60 and later.

> CVE  2009-0001
> Medium
> commons-codec-1.11.jar
>
> Not all "business" method implementations of public API in Apache Commons Codec 1.x are
thread safe, which might disclose the wrong data or allow an attacker to change non-private
fields.

castle bcprov-jdk15on-1.59 and Apache’s commons-codec lib. How should we address them? The
Bouncy Castle upgraded them to fix the issues. What about commons codec and are they available
in 1.7.1?

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Dnyaneshwar Pawar
>
> DISCLAIMER
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read,
retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication