nifi-users mailing list archives

From Vijay Chhipa <vchh...@apple.com>
Subject Re: Can a nar bundle host a servlet outside of the NiFi web framework?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2018 15:27:41 GMT
Hi Bryan

So we implemented it based on your suggestion, and it works, however, for concerns unrelated
to NiFi  from the team, I  will need to go back to the original idea which is standup  a servlet
from within my .nar file.

Is it possible and if so can you point me to an example?

Thank you,

Vijay

> On Nov 6, 2018, at 4:35 PM, Vijay Chhipa <vchhipa@apple.com> wrote:
>
> Bryan
>
> Thats perfect, I was planning to launch my own Jetty instance from within the nar, but
ListenHttp or HandleHttpRequest is even better

> Thank you,
>

>> On Nov 6, 2018, at 4:24 PM, Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Not sure if this is what you are asking for, but ListenHttp and
>> HandleHttpRequest both do this.
>>
>> They start an embedded Jetty server on a different port, unrelated to
>> NiFi's web server, and they are not part of NiFi's security model,
>> although they can be secured with 2-way TLS, or basic auth (I tthink).
>>
>> The incoming request gets turned into a flow file and be processed by
>> the rest of the flow, and a response can be sent with
>> HandleHttpResponse.
>> On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 4:52 PM Vijay Chhipa <vchhipa@apple.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I would like to create a nar bundle that can serve up some content, I would like
this to be outside of the secure NiFI web context. Essentially it has nothing to do with the
"https://<server>:<port>/nifi"  and the nifi.properties