nifi-users mailing list archives

From Koji Kawamura <ijokaruma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NiFi 1.7.1 remote group not connecting when added through restful api until nifi restarted
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2018 01:39:31 GMT
Hi William,

> I do see the error message when I do a restart and there are existing remote process
groups but they do seem to connect eventually

This is a known behavior for RPGs connecting to the same NiFi. During
start up process, RemoteProcessGroups try to get remote info before
NiFi API gets ready.
They connect eventually. But again, you don't have to do restart to
make RPGs work after you instantiated it by REST API.

> It's only the initial create of  the first remote process group that seems to be acting
weird.

Please elaborate how weird it behaves. If the added RPG doesn't
recognize the existing ports, then I'd add some wait logic as Chris
suggested.

Thanks,
Koji

attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.] ________________________________

> Hello William,
>
> > fails to connect to the existing input port until I do a restart of
> > NiFi
> Is there any error message when it fails? Connection refused?
> It should not require a NiFi restart to establish connection.
>
> Thanks,
> Koji
>

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 1:38 AM William Gosse <William.Gosse@aifoundry.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm using NiFi's restful api to create a process group from a template
> > that contains a file folder listener and a remote group. I also have
> > an existing input port going to a process group that has the file
> > fetch and everything else for processing the file that was fetched.
> > This is not added by a restful api but is loaded from a template after
> > the initial startup of Nifi. What I wind up with is a list fetch
> > pattern that should cluster ready/
> >
> > My problem is that the first time I use the rest api to add the listener process
group the remote group that's inside of it fails to connect to the existing input port until
I do a restart of NiFi. At that point all subsequent listeners I add seem to connect just
fine.