nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ConsumeKafkaRecord won't pull new events from Kafka
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2018 15:01:07 GMT
Mike,

In previous versions that processor didn't have a parse.failure
relationship I believe.  In that case data would not be pulled when
unable to parse it.  In newer versions of the processor it has it.  So
check there first.

Thanks
On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 9:56 AM Mike Thomsen <mikerthomsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an odd situation where I have ConsumeKafkaRecord and ConsumeKafka pulling from
the same topic under different consumer groups, but only the latter will pull new events.
I ran into a situation where the reader didn't like the Avro data being pulled from the queue
and so I created new topics and configured both processors to use the new ones. However, only
the non-record version of the processor will read.

> Anyone got suggestions on how to debug this? I'm reasonably familiar with Kafka, but
can't figure out why ConsumeKafka and the console consumer can read the topic, but ConsumeKafkaRecord
is acting like there's nothing there at all.