nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using [Nifi Flow]-level controllers with NiFi registry flows
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2018 17:51:15 GMT
Hi Dave,

Currently there isn't a built in way to make this automatic...

The issue is that the versioned flow in registry has the
PutDatabaseRecord with the DBCP Pool property set to a UUID that only
existed in the original environment the flow was created in.

When you import the flow to another environment, that UUID is
obviously not going to exist, but it is also unclear how to select the
appropriate one. What if there were multiple DBCP connection pools
visible to where the versioned flow is being imported? There would be
no way to know which one to use.

I suppose maybe there could be a convention that if there was only one
matching service of the given type, and it came from the root process
group, then use that one, but its still hard to know if this is really
the right service. What if it was for a different database and someone
didn't realize?

-Bryan

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 12:34 PM David Gallagher
<dgallagher@cleverdevices.com> wrote:

> Hi - I'm using nifi-1.7.1 and nifi-registry-0.2.0. I'd like to have 'global' DBCPConnectionPool
instances at the Nifi Flow level,  then import flows from the registry and have them use the
global pools, e.g. in a PutDatabaseRecord processor. When I try that, though, the processor
is invalid and the Database Connection Pooling Service shows 'Incompatible Controller Service
Configured'. If I manually choose the global controller everything is fine, but is there a
way to have it work so that the matching is automatic?