nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting topic name dynamically in PutKafka?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2018 19:01:14 GMT
That is correct for the ConsumeKafka processor, but this question was
about the producer side :)

I believe you can make a producer ahead of time, and then specify the
topic when making a call to actually send a message, at least that
what it looks like the code does in all the PublishKafka variants...

https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-kafka-bundle/nifi-kafka-0-9-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/kafka/pubsub/PublishKafka.java#L325

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 1:53 PM Boris Tyukin <boris@boristyukin.com> wrote:

> I think they did in on purpose because it takes time (3-5 seconds) for a consumer group
to connect to Kafka (joining consumer group) and whoever created processor did not want to
do it for each flowfile.

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 10:09 AM l vic <lvic4594@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I have to set topic name property of PutKafka processors from an attribute of the
incoming flowfile...Is there any possible way of doing this?