nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom processors/controller services without Maven
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:06:38 GMT
Hello,

It would really be best to use Maven as NiFi's NAR Maven plugin will
ensure that you are building the proper structure and will make things
easy for you.

Otherwise it would be up to you to somehow create the appropriate NAR
structure (and if it ever changes you would have to update your
process).

A NAR is an archive with the following layout:

META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/bundled-dependencies

The MANIFEST file contains metadata about the NAR, and the
bundled-dependencies directory contains all of the required JARs (your
JAR + all transitive dependencies).

You can take any NAR from NiFi and unzip it to see an example.

-Bryan