nifi-users mailing list archives

From Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com>
Subject Re: DistributedMapCacheServer questions
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2018 18:58:50 GMT
thanks, already looked at state manager but unfortunately need to share
some values between processors in my case.

I am also researching another which is to use our internal MySQL database.
I was thinking to create an indexed table and a few simple groovy
processors around it to put/get/remove values. That database is already set
up for online replication to another MySQL instance and we can set it up
for HA easily. I know it sounds like more work than just using NiFi
distributed cache and I am not sure if MySQL will handle 1000 requests per
second (even though they will be against a tiny table). But HA setup would
be nice for us and since "distributed" cache is not really distributed, I
am not sure I like it.

ZK is an option as well I think since we already have it (for NiFi, Kafka
and HDFS). Looks like I can create some simple groovy processors to use ZK
API. I do not expect a lot of put/get operations - maybe about 1000 per
second max and based on benchmarks I've seen ZK should be able to handle
this.

I've looked at Redis as well and it is awesome but we are not excited to
add another system to maintain - we already have quite a few to keep our
admins busy :)

At least I have choices... :)

Thanks again for your help!