nifi-users mailing list archives

From Luis Carmona <lcarm...@openpartner.cl>
Subject Wait/Notify inconsistent behavior
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2019 02:14:17 GMT
Hi everyone,

Im having a strange behavior with Wait / Notify mechanism. Attached is
the image of the flow.
Basically I'm trying to insert in Elastic search two record,
simultaneously, and if both went ok, then insert a record on a bpm service.

For that (in the image):

- Step 1: Set the attribute fragment.identifier to 1
- Step 2: Send the flow to Wait state, and,
          for 2a I set the attribute filename to 'caso' (without the
quotes) just before the POST to ElasticSearch
          for 2b I set the attribute filename to 'doc'  (without the
quotes) just before the other POST to ElasticSearch
- Step 3: On 3a, once the insert is finished, I'm expecting the notify
sends the signal to the wait state, and same thing for 3b.
- Step 4: HERE is my problem:
          Sometimes the WAIT has count.caso = 1, and count.doc=1 so
everything goes well on the RouteAttribute after step 5.
          Some other, it just receives one of the Nitifications, either
the 'doc' one, or the 'caso' one, so as the other doesn't come,
          the firts to arrive gets Queued. I 've checked and the two
Elastic insertions work almost inmediatly, so thatś not the problem.
- Setp 5: Is the expected path unless there was a real fail, but it is
not what is happening.

Please any help, or tip would be very preciated.

Regards,

LC