nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent, Mike" <mvinc...@mitre.org>
Subject Convert JSON to single line
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 18:09:33 GMT
I'm ingesting Windows Event logs with ConsumeWIndowsEventLog and then using TransformXML according
to:

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/29474/nifi-converting-xml-to-json.html

To make them JSON.  The flow continues to MergeContent, CompressContent and then PutS3Object.

The issue I'm having is when examining the content of the uploaded files (i.e, download and
unzip them), they are JSON pretty-printed structures rather than single-line JSON "records".

For example:

{
    Field: 1,
    Field: 2
}

I don't want that, I *want*:

{Field:1,Field:2}

What Convert / Transform / other processor can I use and how to configure to squish the JSON
structure to a single line record *before* MergeContent?

Cheers,

Michael J. Vincent
Lead Network Systems Engineer | The MITRE Corporation | Network Technology & Security
(T864) | +1 (781) 271-8381