nifi-users mailing list archives

From Vitaly Krivoy <Vitaly_Kri...@jhancock.com>
Subject RE: Obtaining names of processor properties programmatically
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:00:11 GMT
That's what I figured.
To make up for it, I implemented the code which lists all processors in the release, then
instantiates them one by one into a temporary process group (which is guaranteed to be unique
by being named with a UUID), obtains the processor properties and then deletes the processor.
Upon completion the temporary group is deleted.
I've been working on a management interface for NiFi for about a year and in the process wrote
a lot of tooling to compensate for functionality not exposed in NiFi REST API. Hopefully,
it will address the market need when it's ready.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:41 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Obtaining names of processor properties programmatically

Hello,

Currently this information isn't exposed via the REST API, although it is available on the
back-end and could be added. Right now there is an end-point like "/flow/processor-types"
which is used to retrieve the list of processors when adding a new processor, but this response
doesn't have the properties of each processor.

Thanks,

Bryan

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 1:07 PM Vitaly Krivoy <Vitaly_Krivoy@jhancock.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to obtain all processor property names through the REST API without having
to create an instance of a processor first? Thanks.

> STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY The information contained in this email message and any
attachments may be confidential and legally privileged and is intended for the use of the
addressee(s) only. If you are not an intended recipient, please: (1) notify me immediately
by replying to this message; (2) do not use, disseminate, distribute or reproduce any part
of the message or any attachment; and (3) destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.